Published January 10, 2022 19:08
BGC Dovercourt is looking for a Junior Accountant!
BGC Dovercourt is a not-for-profit organization that provides after school, summer and March break programs for over 1,000 children and youth at two locations in Toronto’s west end. The mission of the Club is to provide a safe, supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life.
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Job Type: Hybrid In person/Remote, Contract
As the Jr. Accountant you will:
• Complete accounting transactions and data entry documents to ensure weekly, monthly, etc. reports are completed on time
• Work with accountant to ensure accounting transactions, data entry documents meet generally accepted accounting principles, including, but not limited to sales receipts, petty cash reconciliation, vouchers, invoices, credit memos and refunds
• Check figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper classification
• Record and summarize financial data to compile and keep financial records
• Supply sourcing, ordering and inventory control
• Maintain and update accounts for month-end, including: depreciation schedule, prepaid schedule, deferred revenue schedule, membership fee schedule, gifts in kind recording, bank reconciliation, and troubleshooting
• Assist with year-end audit, including: analyze
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Advanced Excel and QuickBooks familiarity.
• Superior organization and time management skills, with proven ability to prioritize emerging tasks and delegate accordingly.
• Ability to maintain confidential information, especially regarding contentious issues including those related to personnel and member information.
• Practical knowledge of accounting practices and relevant government legislation, including CRA charitable tax receipt guidelines.
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or at least 3 years’ relevant work experience in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration or a related field
• Highly organized individual with demonstrated knowledge of the relevant municipal, provincial and federal legislation; including the Employment Standards Act, Income Tax Act, Canada Revenue Agency charitable receipting guidelines and Toronto Children’s Services budget process
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities, meet tight deadlines and manage a demanding workload
• Excellent problem solving, customer service and critical thinking skills
• Great team player with the proven ability to take initiative and work independently when required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with experience in accounting software (QuickBooks) considered an asset
• Must have a clear vulnerable sector criminal record check
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Interested applicants, should submit a cover letter and resume ASAP.
Subject: Junior Accountant