Published March 24, 2022 17:29
BGC Dovercourt is looking for a Children’s Program Worker!
We are a not-for-profit organization that provides after school, summer and March break programs for over 1,000 children and youth at two locations in Toronto’s west end. The mission of the Club is to provide a safe, supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life.
Nature and scope: The position is responsible for ensuring safety and well-being of participants enrolled in the Summer Camp. Staff are to provide care for children and youth as well as plan and implement educational and recreational programs to facilitate learning and achieve developmental goals of children.
Position: Children’s Program Worker (After School Program)
Location: Multiple locations in Toronto's west-end (Dufferin/Bloor, Dupont/Ossington area)
Reports to: After School Supervisor
Hours: Monday to Friday (approximately 3:00pm-6:00pm)
*availability of at least 3 days per week is mandatory
Unionized: Liuna Local 183
• Design, develop, and implement a wide variety of activities that reflect the interests of children and youth
• Ensure children/youth have a fun after-school experience
• Be a positive role model
• Attend all staff meetings and in-service trainings
• Facilitate programs and work together with Executive Director, Program Director, Operations Manager and program Supervisors to provide quality care
• Prepare appropriate environments by ensuring safe, clean, sanitary areas
• Participate in safe transportation/escort activities for members to arrive at programming such as SafeWalk, if required
• Adhere to the DBGC dress code and wear Club issued shirt for all shifts
• Graduate of, or currently enrolled in a post-secondary child and youth care, recreation and leisure services, social work, education or related program
• Experience working with children and youth in educational, recreational or camp settings
• Knowledge of Ontario’s Elementary and Secondary Curriculum (especially regarding literacy and math)
• Valid Standard First Aid and CPR (mandatory)
• Clear vulnerable sector police record check (mandatory)
Interested applicants, should submit a cover letter and resume ASAP as we are looking to hire immediately. Please also indicate your availability from Monday-Friday, 3:00pm-6:00pm.
Subject Line: After School Program
Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club is committed to employment equity. We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.