Published March 24, 2022 17:43
BGC Dovercourt is looking for a Summer Camp Coordinator!
We are a not-for-profit organization that provides after school, summer and March break programs for over 1,000 children and youth at two locations in Toronto’s west end. The mission of the Club is to provide a safe, supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life.
Start Date: June 2022
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Job Type: Contract, Summer, with possible extension
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Dovercourt Clubhouse, 180 Westmoreland Ave
Hours: 35 Hours per week
Position Summary: Responsible for ensuring the safety of children and providing care and educational and recreational programs for children through the day-to-day coordination of the After School Program at various locations.
As the Summer Camp Coordinator you will:
• Participate in and apply knowledge from research to children’s learning and activities
• Prepare materials needed for daily programs
• Supervise Summer Camp staff and submit hours for bi-weekly payroll
• Review and respond to emails and voicemails
• Report and communicate with staff during program walk-throughs to ensure all staff have appropriate resources and support, conducting inventory counts when necessary
• Schedule and chair meetings with interns and their university/college coordinators and ensure evaluations and all other placement requirements are fulfilled
• Coordinate and supervise summer camp trips as necessary
• Develop, organize and implement staff training
• Organize and facilitate program and staff performance evaluations
• Prepare and implement feedback surveys and evaluation reports
• Ensure staff prepare their weekly program schedules and assist program planning, when required
• Hourly check through the Club to ensure all members are in a supervised department/program
• Coordinate daily cleanup of all program areas/departments
• Assist with the chairing of weekly staff meetings and ensure that proper minutes are recorded
• Establish rapport with participant’s guardians and routinely communicate about participant’s behaviour and program events/changes
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
• Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills, ability to establish rapport with members, staff and volunteers
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• A capacity to work within a team and initiative to work independently when required
• Well-developed problem solving skills
• Ability to exercise initiative, flexibility and sound judgement when handling unpredictable situations
• Post-secondary education and work experience in Human Services, Education, Community Development, Social Services or related field with an emphasis in working with children and youth (e.g. ECE, Recreation & Leisure, CYW, SSW, etc.)
• Minimum 3 years program planning and facilitation experience with children and youth in a community setting
• Up to date Standard First Aid and CPR certification (Mandatory)
• Clear vulnerable sector reference check (Mandatory)
• Must have a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle (Mandatory)
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Interested applicants, should submit a cover letter and resume ASAP.
Subject: Summer Camp Coordinator
Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club is committed to employment equity. We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.