Published August 11, 2022 20:56
BGC Dovercourt is looking for an After School Program Supervisor!
We are a not-for-profit organization that provides after school, summer and March break programs for over 1,000 children and youth at two locations in Toronto’s west end. The mission of the Club is to provide a safe, supportive place where children and youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships and develop confidence and skills for life.
Start Date: Immediately
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Job Type: Contract, August 2022- June 2023 with possible extension
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Dovercourt Clubhouse, 180 Westmoreland Ave
Hours: 35 Hours per week
The position is responsible for ensuring the safety of children and providing care and educational and recreational programs for children through the day-to-day coordination of the After School Program at various locations.
• Coordinate the planning and delivery of the After-School Program for students in grades 1 to 8 meeting Ontario’s After-School Program Guidelines 2022/2023
• Supervise After-School Program staff and submit hours for bi-weekly payroll
• Promote the core values of Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada and achieve its operating standards
• Implement and facilitate effective physical education, recreational and nutrition activities that engage learners and reflect the various learning styles of Club members
• Provide participants with instruction on a variety of motor skills and physical activities designed to enhance development of every participant
• Identify and connect with local stakeholders and partners to enhance program delivery
• Supervise participants in the program, and promote safety, respect, conflict resolution, leadership and life skills
• Be readily available to provide support on a daily basis
• Maintain appropriate records and statistics, and complete program reports including surveys and interviews, as per grant guidelines
• Identify and secure program materials, equipment and resources, including art supplies and snacks
• Ensure the safety and security of the participants in the program
• Maintain health and safety standards of food, and areas of food storage and preparation
• Liaise with parents/guardians on issues of concern or relevance to their children
• Maintain communication and close working relationships with local school administrators
• Assist in the training and orientation of program staff
• Maintain a professional relationship with peers, members, volunteers, parents and members of the public
• Enforce BGC Dovercourt policies and procedures and conduct performance evaluations of staff
• Ensure weekly member attendance is monitored and coordinate with administrative staff to maintain accurate documentation
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
• Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills, ability to establish rapport with members, staff and volunteers
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• A capacity to work within a team and initiative to work independently when required
• Well-developed problem solving skills
• Ability to exercise initiative, flexibility and sound judgement when handling unpredictable situations
• Post-secondary education and work experience in Human Services, Education, Community Development, Social Services or related field with an emphasis in working with children and youth (e.g. ECE, Recreation & Leisure, CYW, SSW, etc.)
• Minimum 3 years program planning and facilitation experience with children and youth in a community setting
• Up to date Standard First Aid and CPR certification (mandatory)
• Clear vulnerable sector reference check (mandatory)
• Must have a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle (mandatory)
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Interested applicants, should submit a cover letter and resume ASAP.
Subject: ASP Supervisor
Dovercourt Boys and Girls Club is committed to employment equity. We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time